Saturday, May 25, 2013

5 Days Without role playing

Most people do not know what role-playing is. Role-playing can be done in many ways, such as through the Internet, in person, or even in your mind. I role-play through Facebook and a chat site. We act as characters from Harry Potter and Glee. We do what we want with the characters, and we connect to each other. We decide what will happen to our characters, and when it will happen. I role-play as characters from Harry Potter and Glee. The people who I role-play with are my friends. We talk about our problems and what has happened in our life. For one week, I did not role-play. It was one of the hardest things in my life.
Day 1: Monday- When I got on Facebook, I saw that there was a notice. It was my instinct to go and find out what is happening with my friends. My friend reminded me that I was not able to do this. It was hard to be on Facebook and not see what was happening with my friends. I went the whole day not going to the link, until I got home. The notice was too tempting and I clicked it and talked to my friends. I told them what was happening with my life and they told me about theirs. I role-played the night away.
Day 2: Tuesday- today was easy. My favorite show was on, and it distracted me all day. I didn’t get on Facebook, and I didn’t have a chance to see if any of my friends were online. I didn’t have to worry about anyone one getting online and wanting to talk to me.
Day 3: Wednesday- today was a very hard day to not get online. My school got out early, and no one was home. I got home and went online, and saw four notices. It was hard not to check them and talk to my friends. I went to the mall, and that got me away from the computer and from the role-playing. That night some major things happened, and my first thoughts were to tell my role-playing friends. I couldn’t do that, but I did see that there were ten notices and I was tempted to see what they were.
Day 4: Thursday- Today I was home alone and on Facebook. The role-playing site had twenty notices, and I “peeked” at them. I got on the Chatzy site and started talking and role-playing with my friends. I got to talk and didn’t stop until six at night. I had been role-playing for five hours straight. This was not the way to not role-playing. I told my friends I had to get off, and logged my self off. I got off my computer and didn’t allow myself to get on the computer all the rest of the day.
Day 5: Friday- the last day of this cruel project I had to do. I was out with my real life friends, and didn’t allow myself to get on the computer at all. It was a hard thing to do, since when I got home, I got on Facebook and saw that there were twenty-five notices. It took all my strength to not click on them, or to go onto Chatzy. I took myself off of the computer and went to bed, so I wouldn’t be tempted to talk to my friends.


These five days without role-playing was one of the hardest weeks that I had to face. I wouldn’t do this again, even if I were paid to.

No comments:

Post a Comment